The Rocky Mountain Association for College Admission Counseling (RMACAC) is a non-profit professional association consisting of over 450 people from secondary and post-secondary institutions. We are an affiliate of the National Association for College Admission Counseling.
The mission of The Rocky Mountain Association for College Admissions Counseling is to support and advance the work of counselors as they help students realize their full educational potential with particular emphasis on the transition from secondary schools to colleges and universities and with attention to access and equity, including college readiness, for all students.
Purpose of RMACAC:
– To foster and encourage cooperation between collegiate institutions and secondary schools within our Rocky Mountain Region: Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming.
– To promote and advocate for the rights of students in the college admission process.
– To develop and promote ethical standards of conduct in the relationships of personnel in both collegiate institutions and secondary schools.
– To provide an annual forum for college and secondary school personnel to discuss issues and trends and to further their professional development.
– To represent the interest of the profession to students and their families, allied professionals, the media, the government, and the general public; and collaborate with the state and regional affiliate associations in achieving the goals of the mission statement.
– To encourage professional cooperation between non-profit organizations, those who are interested and active in all levels of education, and personnel from our Rocky Mountain colleges and secondary schools.